Common problems with the skin such as wrinkles and fine lines happen to almost everyone as we age. However, some skin conditions go beyond just aging. Some skin conditions severely impact the ways we feel about ourselves and can even lead to more dangerous conditions later in life.
Westover Hills Dermatology takes these conditions very seriously. Whether they’re making you feel unhappy about your body, or if you have concerns they may lead to something more serious, coming into our office could help fix your condition or give you peace of mind. Call to schedule your consultation today.
Wrinkles can be fought with certain dermal fillers, and dry skin can be solved with moisturizers, but severe skin conditions take more than that; some need actual medication. Some of the conditions medical dermatology helps with are:
- Acne: Severe acne goes beyond having a breakout. Acne can completely cover the face, neck and body. When severe acne hits, it takes medical-grade treatment to help
- Allergies: Seasonal allergies affect millions of people around the world. For some, it’s a stuffy nose and itchy eyes, for others it’s severe dry skin and itching. Finding the right treatment for allergies makes the difference between a season of comfort, or misery
- Psoriasis/Eczema: Dry, itchy, stinging red spots on the body can drive a person crazy. Hydrocortisone creams can help treating common cosmetic concerns such as psoriasis and eczema, but it takes a high-intensity cream to solve this terrible problem
- Rosacea: Sometimes confused with an acne breakout, rosacea takes the form of red, bumpy skin. The disease can quickly spread to the rest of the face causing semi-permanent scarring
- Cyst: If you feel a bump on your skin, it’s important to get it looked at immediately. Protection against Cancer involves treating Cysts as soon as possible
- Skin Tags: If you’ve been born with skin tags, you know how annoying they can be. Permanent removal of skin tags keeps the skin smooth with minimal scarring afterward
- Skin Infection: Infections can spread quickly through the skin. This is why it’s important to treat any skin infections you have right away to prevent it from spreading any further
- Varicose Veins: These ugly, tree-trunk like veins are usually found in the legs, but can appear in other parts of the body as well. While they rarely pose any threat to your health, their appearance is bad enough. Treatments are available to get rid of varicose veins quickly and safely.
- Spider Veins: These clusters of veins often look like a spider or its web. Just like varicose veins, spider veins pose no threat to your health but can look ugly. Treatment can help get rid of spider vein clusters whenever they pop up.
- Rashes: The cause of rashes can’t be narrowed down to just one or two reasons. There are a variety of reasons you may break out into a rash including allergies, nerves, a medication you’re taking or an infection. When rashes break out on your skin, you need to get them analyzed to find what triggered them and how to avoid them from reappearing in the future.
- Hair Loss: Losing your hair happens naturally as we age, but can be accelerated due to stress and our environment. Diagnosing the reason why you’re losing hair assists in figuring out the best way to solve this issue
- Changing Moles: Moles appear naturally on the body, but how they look can be a precursor to melanoma. Keeping an eye on your body’s moles is important. If you’ve noticed a change in their appearance, shape or color, come into the office right away for a skin cancer check.
When we notice problems with our skin, we tend to chalk it up to the environment and assume it’s short term. However, skin problems are often more permanent than we give them credit for, and they need a professional touch to solve them. Call the Westover Hills Dermatology office today if you’re looking to fix any long-lasting skin issues you may have.